I’m a little late in posting this, but every year I set an intention for the coming solar year on the Winter Solstice. Last year, my intention was growth, and it was definitely a year of growth and expansion in many ways! I have a tendency to beat myself up about not meeting all of my other secondary and tertiary goals – there are MANY – so I wanted to take a moment to publicly pat myself on the back before I dive into my intention for this year.
Growth that happened in 2015:
- Learned how to format and self-publish e-books
- Published 2 novels!
- Created 2 covers
- Built (and rebuilt) my website/blog
- Published 22 blog posts
- Added 23 subscribers to my newsletter
- Started a FB author page and gained 134 followers
- Gained 300+ Twitter followers
- Started a Pinterest account and created 40 boards (3000 pins!) and gained 85 followers
- Attended ECWC and gave my first workshop, and made several new contacts
- Wrote 20K new words
- Completed a 21 day fitness challenge
- Went to 2 places I’ve never been: Caribbean, Whistler BC
- Went on 2 yoga retreats
- Made several new friends
- Started living with my boyfriend ♥ ♥ ♥
- Deepened/healed/reconnected relationships
- Expanded my wardrobe & personal style
- Completed 2 craft projects
- Read 20 books
- Gained 20 lbs. (not the growth I intended, but it happened! Need to remember to be more specific with my intentions, lol)
That may not seem like a lot, but it is still growth from where I was this time last year. There are some areas where I need to focus my energy more (WORD COUNT!) if I want this writing gig to actually take off, and I could have done without those extra pounds, but overall, I am very pleased with myself. 🙂
Which brings me to the year ahead. My intention for 2016 is BALANCE, and it feels perfectly timed. The last 2 years, my intentions were release and growth. Obviously I’m not going to stop releasing things or growing, but this year, I’m going to seek a better balance between those two “extreme” states of being.
Wishing you the best of luck in accomplishing your goals and aligning life with your intentions for the year ahead!
If you enjoyed this post, please share.