I’m a little late in posting this, but every year I set an intention for the coming solar year on the Winter Solstice. Last year, my intention was growth, and it was definitely a year of growth and expansion in many ways! I have a tendency to beat myself up about not meeting all of my other secondary and tertiary goals – there are MANY – so I wanted to take a moment to publicly pat myself on the back before I dive into my intention for this year.
Growth that happened in 2015:
- Learned how to format and self-publish e-books
- Published 2 novels!
- Created 2 covers
- Built (and rebuilt) my website/blog
- Published 22 blog posts
- Added 23 subscribers to my newsletter
- Started a FB author page and gained 134 followers
- Gained 300+ Twitter followers
- Started a Pinterest account and created 40 boards (3000 pins!) and gained 85 followers
- Attended ECWC and gave my first workshop, and made several new contacts
- Wrote 20K new words
- Completed a 21 day fitness challenge
- Went to 2 places I’ve never been: Caribbean, Whistler BC
- Went on 2 yoga retreats
- Made several new friends
- Started living with my boyfriend ♥ ♥ ♥
- Deepened/healed/reconnected relationships
- Expanded my wardrobe & personal style
- Completed 2 craft projects
- Read 20 books
- Gained 20 lbs. (not the growth I intended, but it happened! Need to remember to be more specific with my intentions, lol)
That may not seem like a lot, but it is still growth from where I was this time last year. There are some areas where I need to focus my energy more (WORD COUNT!) if I want this writing gig to actually take off, and I could have done without those extra pounds, but overall, I am very pleased with myself. 🙂
Which brings me to the year ahead. My intention for 2016 is BALANCE, and it feels perfectly timed. The last 2 years, my intentions were release and growth. Obviously I’m not going to stop releasing things or growing, but this year, I’m going to seek a better balance between those two “extreme” states of being.
Wishing you the best of luck in accomplishing your goals and aligning life with your intentions for the year ahead!